Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's a Lego Christmas !


Since my son, Caleb, was born, we've been collecting some ornaments for his special little tree each Christmas. We try to find something that relates to his current interests or where we've been during that year.  This year his favorite thing has been Legos and a Lego Star Wars game on his Wii game system. This past weekend I gave him the "Ultimate Lego Christmas Ornament Challenge." He was up for it.

My Lego Christmas penguin with Caleb's Lego Star Wars canister
I had to give it a try too.  There may be more in the works, but this is my Lego Christmas penguin and Caleb's Lego Star Wars game "canister." Apparently the canister has some sort of function in the game that I don't understand, but which is very is important. I think my penguin has something of an Angry Birds look to it, but that's all in keeping with the year 2011 anyway. These will be glued together and a hanging string added to make permanent ornaments. I'll probably write the year on them with a permanent marker.

My Dr. Who tardis police box time machine
 We've enjoyed watching the series Dr. Who on BBC this year so above is my version of Dr. Who's police box time machine the Tardis.

Sue

15 comments:

  1. Your penguin would make a great Angry Bird!! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, apparently I have the canister upside down . . . Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, your penguin does not look like "happy Feet" but it will do....(smile)♥♥
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Our #2 grandson, Eli, LOVES his Legos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute. Love that Caleb has his own tree.
    This past Sunday, Foodnetwork had a LEGO cake challenge. It was super fun to watch.

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely tradition, to mark Caleb's growth by Christmas tree ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun. My children and now my grandchildren love legos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun thing to do together! I love it! and you can tell him that I love Star Wars too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes the Legos, we have many of those pieces in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! It will be great to look back at the pictures of the different themes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the ornaments, and how fun to make them together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I may have to suggest a lego ornament to my son as well... don't laugh, but he's 20, and lego's are still near & dear to his heart!
    Fun post- Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun! Bet he loves creating those!

    ReplyDelete